Registration is open for Making Futures 2017. Please use the Eventbrite listing of ticketing options below to make your selection, then press 'Order Now' to complete the booking process.
Making Futures will be held on Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd September 2017.
Registration will operate to the following timetable:
- 'Early Bird' for a limited number of reduced fee full conference tickets. The offer will be open from the 27th February to 1st May 2017.
- Deadline for registration: 15th September 2017.
Conference Scale, Fee Structure and Policy:
Our intention is that Making Futures should function somewhat akin to a critically intensive, but extremely personable, and supportive, two-day retreat. To try to achieve this we eschew industrial conference numbers and limit delegates places to no more than 150. Tickets are sold on a first come first served basis although we will reserve sufficient places for accepted delegate presenters.
Making Futures is a not-for-profit venture: all tickets have been held at 2015 prices, and all receipts go to covering essential external costs associated with mounting the initiative.
We are acutely sensitive to the fact that practitioners who do not benefit from institutional support might find themselves excluded on cost grounds. With this in mind we have developed a bursary scheme that will support a minimum of ten full conference bursaries for independent craftspeople. For details see the 'Bursaries & Mentoring Support' page.
Costs of tickets for the 2017 conference are as follows:
- Two Day Early Bird Ticket - Full Two Days Only: £250. Available until 1st May 2017.
- Full Two Day Ticket: £290.
- Evening Conference Meal at The Orangery, Mount Edgcumbe - Thursday 21st September: Ticket £43.
- Two Day Subsidised Ticket: £210 (available to students and the unemployed, subject to proof of status).
- One Day Registration: £190.
- One Day Subsidised Registration: £160 (available to students and the unemployed, subject to proof of status).
The Conference Meal at 'The Orangery', Mount Edgecumbe will have a range of options including vegetarian. Drinks are included with the meal ticket.
The conference meal provides a unique opportunity to get to know and share interests and ideas with colleagues, and we encourage all delegates to attend the meal, held in the Orangery, inside the grounds of the Mount Edgcumbe estate.
PLEASE NOTE: You must print off your ticket confirmation and bring it with you to the conference.