We would be grateful if colleagues could forward the calls and key dates to interested persons through appropriate notice boards, peer networks and associates.
- First call for Abstracts: 7th March 2017.
- Second call for Abstracts will be issued shortly after Easter, mid April 2017.
- Third and final call for Abstracts (final reminder): early May 2017.
All abstract submissions must be made through the on-line form available at the 'Submit Abstract' page. Accepted abstracts will be published on the 'Accepted Abstracts' page according to the following timetable:
- Submission deadline for all abstracts: 22nd May 2017.
- Peer Review process: 22nd May to 9th June 2017.
- Authors notified of peer review: between the 12th and 30th June 2017.
- Target date for publication of Abstracts: 17th July 2017.
Programme Publication Dates
Full details of the conference programme will appear on the 'Programme' page (when published) according to the following timetable:
- Target date for publication of Provisional Conference Programme: 17th July 2017.
- Target date for publication of full and Final Conference Programme: 4th September 2017.
Registration & Conference Dates
Registration will open on the 'Register' page according to the timetable below. Please Note: Making Futures functions somewhat as an intensive but extremely personable retreat. This is achieved by capping conference delegate places at a moderate number, with priority going to presenters. Non-presenter delegate places are sold on a first come first serve basis and registration will close as soon as all places have been allocated. In previous Making Futures this has occurred well before the final deadline date.
Making Futures is a not-for-profit venture - all tickets have been held at 2015 prices, and all receipts go to covering essential external costs associated with mounting the initiative.
- On-line registration will open on the 27th February 2017.
- 'Early Bird' reduced fee on full conference tickets: from 27th February to 1st May 2017.
- Deadline for registration: 15th September 2017.
- Making Futures Conference: Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd September 2017.
Associated Making Futures Exhibitions
Full details of the exhibition can be found under the 'Exhibitions' page.
- We The People (are the work) September - November 2017.
- Plymouth Art Weekender: 22nd- 24th September 2017.
Post-Conference Volume Dates
Typically we publish the full papers in the on-line publication in the year following the conference. This allows us enough time to proof read papers and to go back to authors for corrections and rewrites, followed by final paper formatting and layout checks, and embedding within the on-line journal structure:
- Final date for receipt of full revised papers: 1st February 2018.
- Target date for publication of post-conference volume: late March / early April 2018.